8 Week Adult Wheel Class - Thursday Evenings
Thursdays 1/9-2/27, 6:30-9:00 PM with Jeremy Noet. This is an all levels class for throwing on the potters’ wheel, ages 18 and up. Learn techniques for throwing such forms as bowls, cups, vases, and others using the pottery wheel as a tool. Bring your own project ideas or follow along with a guided project led by Jeremy.
- Dress for a mess and bring an old towel and a beginner’s set of pottery tools to the first class. 8-week class, 2.5 hours per class - total instruction time 20 hours, ages 18+.
- Tool kits are available for purchase above or the 1st night of class for $20 (includes sales tax.) You are welcome to purchase tools elsewhere online or bring existing tools if you already have them.
- Clay is sold separately; it is not included in the class fee. Bags of clay are $30 for 25 lbs, which includes the cost for bisque and glaze firings, access to use the studio glazes and slips, and sales tax. If you have clay left over from a previous class at Burnish you can wait to buy additional clay until you need it.
- All adult students are encouraged to use open studio time to practice and make work. Open studio will be any time the studio is open for business, except when a class is in progress.
- If a class is focused in one area of the studio, the other work areas can be used during that class time. For example, during the hand building or children's class times the wheel area can be used for open studio.
- Refunds are not provided for missed classes. Students may make up a missed class by attending one day of another class during the same 8-week session.
I was exposed to clay in high school and have been unable to stop learning about it for the last 24 years. I love making useful items that I hope will fit into people hands. Megan my partner and boss has found ways for us to make a living from my love of playing with clay. Now with BCS I am hoping to help others find a love with this sometimes frustrating medium!