Skill Drill: Studio Glazes - Application and Trouble Shooting
Saturday, 10/15 & 10/22 from 1:00 - 4:00pm with Margaret Rattle. This is an add-on class for students and members in the Fall sessions. Participants will bring 24 small-ish pieces (4-6 inches tall - think cups, bottles, or bud vases) to the 1st session. You can make and use test tiles, but the hope is you will come out of this with finished, usable pieces.
- Each person will then glaze 2 pieces in each of the 12 studio glazes, which must be finished by Wednesday 10/19 so that Margaret can load them in the kiln on Thursday. Even if some of the colors do not appeal to you personally, we are asking participants to use them all for this class as a learning experience.
- Kiln loading and firing is not part of the class, but you are welcome to stop by to see how it works.
- Participants will then help unload the fired kiln on the 22nd and discuss the results in depth.
- Please note: this class does NOT cover how to adjust glaze recipes or to "fix" the consistency of the studio glazes in the buckets. If you ever identify an issue with the studio glazes, the solution is to immediately notify studio staff. Only studio staff are permitted to add water or other additives to studio glazes.
- If this class sells out, please sign up for the waiting list. If there is enough interest we will schedule a 2nd session for November. Make sure to include your schedule availability on the waiting list.