Clay - High Fire, Cone 10
Clay Art Center High Fire Cone 10 clay. We currently stock 5 different high fire clay bodies - basic details are below, the more technical details are listed in each picture. All are food safe once glaze fired. Additional clay types can be special ordered upon request.
- OH-10: Porcelain / Stoneware Blend, similar to "B-Mix"
- OH Woodfire: Same as OH-10 with some added sand for strength & texture plus Helmar clay added to make it flash in soda and wood firing
- Welmar: Helmar based porcelain, beautiful in wood and soda firings
- Dakota Yellow: yellow iron stoneware with sand, does not stain as badly as red iron & good for all types of firings, including soda
- Dakota Red: dark red iron stoneware with sand, good for all types of firings, including soda. Red clay bodies are beautiful to work with, but will stain everything it touches while it is still in the wet stages of working with it.
This price includes just the clay, no firing or glazing is included. Each bag is 25-lbs, as long as the bag remains tightly closed to prevent it from drying out it will remain usable for months or years. Do not allow to freeze.