All Level Throwing - Friday Evenings
Fridays 10/1-11/19, 6:00-8:30 PM with Heather Hitt. Over the 8-week class, adults will learn techniques for throwing such forms as bowls, cups, vases, and others using the pottery wheel as a tool. All experience levels welcome, including no experience at all. Bring your own project ideas or follow along with a guided project led by Heather.
- Masks covering both your nose and mouth are required regardless of vaccination status. We will follow the CDC recommendations regarding mask usage but they will most likely be required at least through the entire class session so that we retain consistency for the duration of the classes.
- During the online checkout process it will tell you that something is ready for you to pick up. Please disregard – there is nothing to pick up prior to class starting, it is a website issue my online store platform will not allow me to change.
- 8-week class, 2.5 hours per class - total instruction time 20 hours, ages 16+. Class size limited to 8 people for Hand Building, 10 for Throwing. Dress for a mess and bring an old towel. Communal aprons are not available but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Beginners are welcome to use the studio tools to start with to ensure this is a hobby you want to commit to. At some point you will want to start investing in your own tools, which you can purchase at Burnish or at a number of online retailers. If you have tools already you are encouraged to bring them.
- Clay is sold separately; it is not included in the class fee. Bags of clay are $31 for 25lbs, which includes the cost for bisque and glaze firings, access to use the studio glazes and slips, and sales tax.
- Cash/Check Payment Discount: If you register for classes or purchase tools or clay in the studio with cash or a check you will receive a 3% discount at the register.
- All students are encouraged to use open studio time to practice and make work. At this time we are not requiring appointments for open studio.
- Some open studio hours overlap with class times. You are welcome to use the opposite side of the studio during those times. For example, the wheels will be available to use while the Hand Building class is happening on the other side of the space.
- Open studio hours are not the same as the Retail Hours listed online. Effective Mon 9/27 open studio hours will be:
- Sundays: Noon-6PM
- Mondays: 10AM-9PM
- Tuesdays: 8AM-9PM
- Wednesdays: 10AM-9PM
- Thursdays: Noon-9PM
- Fridays: Noon-9PM
- Saturdays: 10AM-6PM
- Refunds are not provided for missed classes. Students may make up a missed class by attending one day of another class during the same 8-week session.
- Store credit towards a future class or a partial refund will be provided if a student must withdraw from the class due to quarantining requirements.
Instructor Bio: Heather is the owner and manager of Burnish. She has been a potter for 20+ years while also working a corporate job. She freed herself from corporate drone-hood to open Burnish, choosing to prioritize happiness for herself while building a space where others can also find happiness, community, and a passion for clay.