Throwing Next Level – Pouring Vessels, 5 Weeks
Wednesdays 2/9-3/9, 6:00-8:30 PM with Jeremy Noet. This is a 5 week skill focused class for those wanting to refine their existing throwing skills. Minimum Experience: Students must be able to center, open, and pull up walls to an intended shape (make the general shape you are trying to make) most of the time. Jeremy will demonstrate and coach you through how to make a variety of forms intended to pour liquid including forms like pitchers, teapots, ewers, etc.
- Masks covering both your nose and mouth are required regardless of vaccination status. We will follow the CDC recommendations regarding mask usage but they will most likely be required at least through the entire class session so that we retain consistency for the duration of the classes.
- During the online checkout process it will tell you that something is ready for you to pick up. Please disregard – there is nothing to pick up prior to class starting, it is a website issue my online store platform will not allow me to change.
- Attendance is mandatory for the first 2 class sessions if you are new to clay (or have not taken a class in years.) There is so many foundational information conveyed in the 1st 2 classes that all remaining classes build on, it is really difficult to catch up. After the 2nd class, students may make up a missed class by attending one day of another class during the same session. Refunds are not provided for missed classes.
- Store credit towards a future class or a partial refund will be provided if a student must withdraw from the class due to quarantining requirements.
- 10-week class, 2.5 hours per class - total instruction time 25 hours, ages 16+. Dress for a mess and bring an old towel. Communal aprons are not available but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Beginners are welcome to use the studio tools to start with to ensure this is a hobby you want to commit to. At some point you will want to start investing in your own tools, which you can purchase at Burnish or at a number of online retailers. If you have tools already you are encouraged to bring them.
- Clay is sold separately; it is not included in the class fee. Bags of clay are $31 for 25lbs, which includes the cost for bisque and glaze firings, access to use the studio glazes and slips, and sales tax.
- Cash/Check Payment Discount: If you purchase tools or clay in the studio with cash or a check you will receive a 3% discount at the register.
- All students are encouraged to use open studio time to practice and make work. At this time we are not requiring appointments for open studio.
- Some open studio hours overlap with class times. You are welcome to use the opposite side of the studio during those times. For example, the wheels will be available to use while the Hand Building class is happening on the other side of the space but the glazing area and adjacent tables cannot be used during hand building or glazing classes.
- Open studio hours are not the same as the Retail Hours listed online. Effective Jan 4 open studio hours will be:
- Sundays: Noon-6PM
- Mondays: 10AM-9PM
- Tuesdays: 10AM-9PM
- Wednesdays: 10AM-9PM
- Thursdays: 10AM-9PM
- Fridays: 10AM-9PM
- Saturdays: 10AM-6PM