WACK Soda Firing
We are excited to be hosting members of WACK for a Cone 6 soda firing lead by Ann Marie Cooper of Good Earth Pottery and Heather Hitt, owner of Burnish Clay Studio in January 2022 as a part of the Winter meeting. This firing is open and free to all current WACK members. To reserve your space in the kiln, complete the form below. We will unload the finished kiln during the meeting.
- Each participant may bring one half cubic foot of bisque ware. For a frame of reference, one clay box with the flaps folded down is one half cubic foot.
- Since the shape and size of the pieces delivered will directly influence how many pieces fit into the firing we cannot guarantee all of your work will go in. We will do our best to ensure we get in as many pieces as we can. Unlike a regular glaze kiln, packing in more pieces as tight as possible is not advised - ensuring there is space for the soda to find a path through all the shelves ensures better finished pieces.
- Bisqued and glazed pots must be delivered to Burnish between Tuesday Jan 11 - Saturday Jan 15 noon-6pm, no appointment is necessary to drop off during those times. We cannot accept any work prior to January 11.
- If you do not have access to a kiln or to your own glazes, you can utilize the services at Burnish. There is an additional fee for bisque firing that you would be responsible for.
- Instructions about making and glazing pots for soda will be sent to participants after they register for the firing, including recommended clay bodies. General information about soda firing and the community firing process at Burnish can be found on the Soda Kiln Firing page on this website under the Materials & Services section.