Winter Kids Clay for ages 6-11 - 5 weeks
Thursdays 1/11-2/15 OR 2/22-3/21, 3:00-4:30 PM. Due to snow in January, these are the new class dates. Both sessions are pushed back 1 week from what was previously published. These are the new, correct dates updated here in 1/31/2024.
Play with clay taught by Eli Isenhour. During this 5-week class kids ages 6-11 will be introduced to hand-building techniques such as pinch, slab, and coil construction as well as various surface decoration techniques for adding color, pattern, and texture. Your child will have a wonderful time creatively exploring clay while learning new skills and making great friends! All tools and materials included in class fee. Kids will work with clay for the first 3 weeks and then glaze their completed pieces for weeks 4 & 5.
You are welcome to sign your kid up for both sessions, we break the kids classes into 5-weeks to provide scheduling flexibility but the kids will make different creations each session.
Winter Wheel Throwing for Kids ages 11-15 - 5-10 weeks
Tuesdays 1/9-3/12, 4:15-5:45 PM with Parissa Rad. During this class, kids ages 11-15 will be introduced to basic pottery and wheel throwing. Parissa will guide the class through wedging, centering, and forming a pot on the wheel, as well as basic glazing and surface design.
Format: Drop-In Hybrid. Given the busy nature of kids schedules, we have found that many kids cannot come every week so each week the class is only half full. To alleviate this, we are going to try a drop-in format.
- The class fee of $130 is for 5 classes that can be used during the 10-week Fall class session.
- If your kid come to more than 5 classes, you will be invoiced $26 for each additional week they come. They are welcome to come to every week if your schedule allows.
- Unused classes do not carry over to the next session and refunds will not be provided so that we have a known minimum amount to cover studio overhead and payroll expenses.
- This class does not include additional practice time - kids will only be able to practice and work on projects during class time.
- Clay is now included in the cost of the class. Kids will not purchase and store clay individually.